This morning I spent more than was right and proper on some wondrous, metallic, grass-green nail polish (style inspiration: The Big Lebowski) and then came home to something much better: unexpected Sunday sunshine. All the flowers came out to say hello. Which got me to thinking…
The Best Things in Life (Are Free):
1. Sunshine, in spring, in Scotland.
2. The toasty clean smell of ironing. Also, fresh bedsheets.
3. Watching the neigbours kids screaming while leaning out of the car roof while their dad drives them up and down the driveway.
4. (First pointed out by my friend Jen!) washing blowing on the washing line. For some reason, so relaxing.
5. Having dinner cooked for you.
6. Putting off until tomorrow what you could have done today, because it was sunny.